Corigin Ventures is a New York-based, high-conviction investor, leading Seed stage deals at the intersection of the physical and digital worlds. We believe in supporting early stage founders during the formative years to optimize the probability and magnitude of success. We do that by delivering on a promised, exceptional founder experience. The founders in our extended family describe us as “supportive,” “no bullshit,” and “dedicated to their craft.” We’re excited to grow our team and our perspectives while maintaining the values and high-touch level of service that define us.
Coming off a successful Fund II raise, we are seeking a Principal-level teammate who is eager to take an owner’s mentality through a clear path to partnership in Fund III. The right candidate will want to make a significant impact on the future of our firm and will bring new perspectives to the table about what it means to deliver an exceptional experience to early stage founders. This is a unique role in a small, tight-knit team that pushes each other to continuously improve. We all operate with an entrepreneurial mindset, are expected to share our opinions, take a methodical and detailed approach to deal diligence, and ultimately win and lose together.
Principal Role Focus Areas
- You will be responsible for sourcing and winning good deals in the face of external competition by selling to the founder, as well as to the team internally.
- You will be responsible, along with the rest of our team, for supporting our portfolio companies with relevant early-stage business insights and the high-touch service described above.
- In time, you will help us prepare for and execute our next fundraise by influencing our raise strategy, helping craft and tell our story to prospective LPs, and taking an ownership mentality to all aspects of the process.
- You will strategically build a personal network of Seed VCs, Series A VCs, and early-stage founders that complements the rest of the team’s networks.
- You will establish and grow both personal and firm expertise through thought leadership in the industry.
- You are innately passionate and curious about technology and innovation. Your interests, hobbies, and relationships likely reflect this.
- You have cultivated a network of founders and investors that you can count on for relevant, high-potential, proprietary dealflow.
- You use a thoughtful framework that evaluates factors such as team, addressable market, product, round dynamics, and more to discern good deals from bad ones. You can use both sides of your brain to see the forest and the trees as it relates to both an individual deal and portfolio construction perspective.
- You believe that the early years in a company’s lifecycle are the most formative period. You enjoy rolling up your sleeves and working with founders to set a strong foundation together.
- You also deeply understand early stage companies. You know how to identify root issues, question information, test assumptions, and identify proper milestones for companies.
- You are comfortable advocating for your position, especially for a deal, while trusting and learning the ropes of how the General Partners make final decisions in the investment committee.
- You align future funds raised with your own career trajectory, and are highly motivated to heavily contribute in all aspects of the fundraising process.
- You believe strongly in the value of personal brand, firm brand, and impactful relationships. You are motivated to expand all three with your unique value proposition and personal style.
- You are motivated to work as a team member and contribute to evolving the firm’s culture.
While this person will likely be based out of the New York office, we are also open to opening an office in Los Angeles.
To be considered, please apply here. We will aggregate applications until June 28th, and begin first round interviews around the same time.