Corigin Ventures is a New York City-based venture capital firm, led by its partners Ryan Freedman and David Goldberg. We are a small, tight-knit team that makes big decisions to invest – and we pride ourselves on our ability to do so quickly and with conviction. We invest in early-stage startups and partner with the world-class founders that are building them. Everyone on the team is a solo-preneuer, yet no one hesitates to ask for help or assistance. The team thrives on this balance between autonomy and collaboration. We are a start-up ourselves: just like our founders, we build, test, and iterate on our product and processes, try to quantify everything, and realize our team is stronger than the sum of its parts. The success of the business is reliant on the team.
We are looking for “Employee #5” – our first Analyst. It’s an opportunity for someone looking to break into venture and get meaningful exposure to many facets of the industry: founders, other investors, and deal structure/terms and operators. To see a variety of deals and get creative and employ “out of the box” thinking. We encourage a founder’s mentality – seeking out responsibility, forming strong opinions, leveraging your unique skillsets, and continually developing personally and professionally.
You’ll support a critical business function – evaluating potential deals – and will help us to complete research on companies and perform due diligence so we can make quick investments with conviction. It’s a chance to partner closely with the entire team and in so doing develop special relationships.
In this job you will:
- Be a core part of our four person investment team
- Perform background research on potential company investments to develop an opinion on the risks and upside of investment
- Dive deeply into and further develop company financial models to understand revenue, cash-flow and growth drivers
- Quickly learn about diverse industries (including, but not limited to): consumer, marketplaces, real estate tech and fintech) and then understand how the company fits in with industry trends
- Draft recommendation memos to inform senior team members of the pros and cons of investing in a company
- Meet with founders and operators to better understand their company, how they plan to go beyond their seed stage, and in so doing strike a balance between learning about them and showing them the value of joining the Corigin community
- Attend events, and be a brand champion of the firm
What makes you a great fit for this role:
- You’re curious and passionate about start-ups and technology
- You have the uncanny ability to take incomplete information about a company and quickly build out a more complete picture of their future (think solving a puzzle)
- You have very strong written skills and can communicate verbally with internal team members and potential founders
- You’re as comfortable speaking with founders as you are breaking apart a financial model – you like conversation as much as Excel
- You strike a balance between craftsmanship (care for the quality of your work) with pragmatism (good enough is good enough)
- You’re willing to do whatever it takes – including support work – because you want to support the team
- Completed Bachelors degree and 2-3 years of relevant work experience
- Competitive compensation and benefit package
LEARN MORE ABOUT CORIGIN VENTURES
- Check out our website and learn about the current team.
- Catch-up on some blog posts.
- Sign up for the Open House newsletter.
- Talk to our founders.
Applications will be accepted until July 15. We will be conducting interviews through mid-August, with an anticipated start date of September 1.