Corigin is a multi-disciplinary alternative investment company with operating businesses in real estate and venture capital. As Chief of Staff, you will work closely with Founder & CEO Ryan Freedman as an extension of his operating role and to help drive priority initiatives. The position will function as an integral part of the Corigin Venture investment team focused on real estate and prop tech. We are seeking someone who can help supercharge our fundraising initiatives by identifying leads, devising plans to engage with people and empowering our team to connect and follow-up with prospects and partners. Separately, you’ll be an integral participant in special projects that Mr. Freedman is spearheading. This currently includes launching the Corigin Alternative Income Fund.You’ll be an invaluable member of our small, tightly-knit team as we seek to grow our impact.
You’re the kind of person who:
- Uses data and an intuition about people to build systems to make good decisions (at work and in your personal life!)
- Believes that being part of a team is truly special
- Loves learning and has a passion for real estate and technology
- Is highly organized and a champion to the company’s operating system
In this job you will:
- Work closely with Founder Ryan Freeman on achieving his quarterly priorities
- Build out Salesforce as a system of record to house and track all fundraising-related activities and information on past, current and potential investors
- Provide a daily and weekly list of “targets” or potential investors for Mr. Freedman and other team members to connect with – including counsel on how and where to interact with the person to best assess whether they’d be a good fit as an investor
- Build upon knowledge of real estate/ prop tech ecosystem and provide meaningful insights to our team as we seek new investment opportunities. You’ll be our in-house expert that has his/ her finger on the pulse of the emerging and evolving prop tech scene in NYC and across the nation.
- Conduct landscape analysis pertaining to new, potential investments
- Meet potential investors yourself and build relationships
Corigin in a multi-disciplinary alternative investment company with over $500M of AUM and operating businesses in real estate and venture capital. Corigin in based in New York and is led by its Founder & CEO, Ryan Freedman.
Corigin Real Estate is an investor with a foundation in operations, focused on uncovering and creating value in US residential real estate, while its counterpart Corigin Development is a real estate developer focused on creating distinctive buildings and the first in class residential projects within the New York and Miami markets.
Corigin Ventures (“CV”) is a seed-stage venture capital firm investing in the founders defining the future of daily living. Grounded in the belief that a startup’s success hinges significantly on the founding team, we use high conviction to lead seed stage investments that exhibit exceptional founder-market fit. CV is led by a diverse team of company builders, operators an analytical thinkers who have developed a repeatable playbook to help our entrepreneurs most efficiently progress from Seed to Series A.
What makes you a great fit for this role:
- You have the uncanny ability to use data and systems to drive decisions – particularly to support fundraising
- You are as comfortable in Salesforce as at a social work function
- You are principled and mindful – you believe how you do something is as important as the result
- You are conversant in financial institutions and instruments (knowledge likely gained through past work in banking, finance, or investing)
- You love the balance of autonomy and close connection found in a small, growing team
- Competitive salary
- Strong team culture
Apply here: https://corigin.workable.com/jobs/747866